Monday, October 2, 2017

MIRACLES!! Sep 18, 2017

MIRACLES!! Ok so beginning with my first interview with President Anderson...he asked what I thought about the focus on less actives. K so I've served in wards that have 300 members, 30 active. Like that. I've worked a lot with families that never came back. Never did anything actually. Didn't see a lot of success. BUT we continue to work. So now after many weeks of visiting Sister Dibra we called her Sunday to ask the usual, are you coming like you said you would? annnnd she said ya I'm waiting outside the church....no way. So then we get to church and as we are walking up the stairs she tells us that she has actually never been to this church building...(we moved church buildings 3 years ago) Holy cow. First day back to church! MIRACLE!

Another sister we have been visiting Sister Muriza. So Sister Godfrey went out of the class to call her (we have 2 wards so they come later) and she comes back in and looks depressed! I like kinda asked and she just shook her head. obviously upset. She tells me later so she called her and Sister Muriza said I'm not coming.
why?
hangs up

Sister Godfrey calls her back
are you mad at me?
I'm not coming. That's just how it is.
hangs up again.

Godfrey was so mad. We are never visiting them again. Then she walks into sacrament meeting...and look who's sitting there. "Motra Flipping Muriza" haha surprise :) that little angel woman. haha. 

So two of our beeeautiful members came to church yesterday. It took time. And will still be a lot of time. But it just gave me so much more hope. Nothing gets done with a couple first attempts and never going back. Endure! to the End! Miracles happen along the way :)

Motra Hegërd

No comments:

Post a Comment