Monday, October 2, 2017

BUT... Sep 25, 2017

We made an apple pie today. America. 
We make fërgesë. Albania.
We learned the New Zealand National Anthem. New Zealand.
We listen to Norwiegan songs (thanks to Motra Lyng). Norway.
We eat peanut butter. Greece.
We eat bananas. Ecuador.
Sometimes we speak with a Scottish accent. Scotland.
We celebrated the 4 of July with a British elder in the district... England.

So basically you could say we are pretty culturally rounded. It's cool to think about it. We have people in this mission from like all over. And you don't even know until they speak english and you can't understand what they said...

English Course is a fun service we do as missionaries. Now we have a new program. It's more official and organized. I love it! And so do the people that come! So we start and end with a prayer and then at the end we do a little spiritual thought. We introduced the Book of Mormon and then asked if anyone wanted one. They ALL took a Book of Mormon. Wow. Miracles in English Course.

Jeremiah 20: 7-9

7 ¶ O Lord, thou hast deceived me, and I was deceived: thou art stronger than I, and hast prevailed: I am in derision daily, every one mocketh me.

8 For since I spake, I cried out, I cried violence and spoil; because the word of the Lord was made a reproach unto me, and a derision, daily.

9 Then I said, I will not make mention of him, nor speak any more in his name. But his word was in mine heart as a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I was weary with forbearing, and I could not stay.

Wow. That's pretty firey Jeremiah. He was not having any of it anymore. He wanted to quit. It was too hard. Too many people making fun of him. That's it. I'm done. Then there comes the BUT: BUT I've got this burning it my heart. BUT I know this is true. BUT I believe in Christ. And there is no where else or to whom else(?) to go. :)

Motra Hegërd

on our roof! (or not..depends on how you feel about it)


Adelina got baptized!


In the Liahona, Bishop and his son!

rose ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment