Monday, October 2, 2017

Compassion Sep 4, 2017

So I made a mistake praying to feel more compassion for these people. Because I've kind of gotten used to people making excuses and I've lost that whole feel sorry for them part. Like someone says they are sick...uhuh...andd so I was feeling like ok well I need to actually feel sad and not get annoyed at this. So I prayed to feel more compassion for this people. Answer:
We have been teaching a very poor family. I don't know if I can describe this accurately but they basically live in a cement room...that's under an apartment building. So it's like the foundation of the building. So they just put all their stuff there and covered it with cardboard and blankets for a wall. So the first time we met the mom asked us for money but we can't give out money as missionaries so we have to say no. We have to do this a lot. But we explained that we are here to serve people by teaching them how to follow Christ. She understood and still wanted to meet to learn more about Christ. So now we have been teaching them for a couple weeks. They can't read so we read to them and they sing along with us when we sing even though they can't read. We love them. Then we went back this last Friday. Rita said that the police had been there and told them they have to leave within a week (because it's technically trespassing) Then she told her her whole life story. I don't know what I'm aloud to say...If you could imagine, yeah pretty bad stuff has happened to her. And now she has a 9 year old daughter and a 2 year old son. And she was telling us her story. And her daughter came back from the store for their food that day...and I cried. I can't take this. Ya know we come here and we meet with these people and we cannot help them. Then we go home to our beautiful home and I just felt awful. But they came to church for the first time on Sunday and I've been thinking ok so our message is that if we follow Christ and keep the commandments then we will be blessed both physically and spirtually. Ok so here it is real life. Do I believe that? No WE cannot physically help them, but I have faith that if they will follow and keep the commandments, that they will be ok. Teach them how to fish? well we all know who does that best. We can bring them to Jesus Christ, or rather to invite them to go themselves, then they can learn how to fish. Then they will be set for life. I believe that.

Motra Hegërd

No comments:

Post a Comment