Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Praying in English Oct. 30

Let me just start by quoting a prayer...that I had to give in english...
-We pray for the Rome temple...that it will be speedy built...
-Please bless family Roberts...
-...for the ability to be here...(that one doesn't seem wrong to me...but these are the endless quotes that i hear from the missionaries that were at that dinner last night)
Well whadayoudo. Praying in english was probably the hardest thing of the week.

So this girl walked into the church on Tuesday. So when she was 9, she remembers missionaries teaching her family. That's 20 years ago. What? And then she found the church. She has so many questions. I love her! The most impressive thing is that she has said well there are just a couple things in my church that I don't know if I feel totally right with it (the doctrines). Then she said that her pastor told her it is because she just doesn't have enough faith yet. But the only way that we can know is-prayer. Then we will know. Having questions doesn't mean that we don't have faith. It's great. Because then we are open to receiving answers. And we can get them straight from God. From no one other. SO here are some questions that I've had to answer in my life:
Does Heavenly Father love me?
Is the Book of Mormon true?
Why was I called to serve a mission here?
These are pretty simple, but I'm pretty sure I have asked them over and over and over. It's almost like a constant dependence on knowing that God is there. Some people think that that dependence makes you weak. The problem is that everyone needs Him, just not everyone is willing to ask for His help. I know I am pretty proud. I don't like asking for people's help. That's something I'm working on. But I think I've learned that you can think that you're doing it all alone and that you're working your own success out, until you lose all that success and then you're left begging for help. In that moment you realize that you need God. It's really a humbling relationship. But I know that it is an actual relationship. And that it's a relationship with a god, who is actually a father. Out of all the names that belongs to Deity, He has asked us to call Him- Father :) He has asked Us to call Him, to call upon Him in prayer. Zoti vonon, por nuk harron.

Motra Haggard









No comments:

Post a Comment