Tuesday, November 28, 2017

How to Eat an Elephant Nov. 20, 2017

So transfers----We are going to open up Vlorë again! I don't know my companion yet because she'll get off the plane on Wednesday!! Ahh how exciting! A fringo and a me-starting with nothing! I started planning our goals for this week. Looking at the people we will be working with...blank page. Scary.

I'm going to steal this that my grandma sent me this week: 
"I’ve been told that we can eat an elephant if we eat it one bite at a time. 
And I think that we can  follow the Savior if we take it one step at a time."

A lot of times I get so scared of the big things we have to do. Man there's a lot. But how nice that we really only have to take one step at a time. Lead Kindly Light became my favorite hymn the first week of the MTC when we had choir. I finally understood the meaning-
Lead kindly light-amid th’encircling gloom;
Lead thou me on!
The night is dark, and I am far from home;
Lead thou me on!
Keep thou my feet; I do not ask to see
The distant scene—one step enough for me

It's hard to be able to say that-only one step to see is enough for me. We want to see the whole picture. Bummer. But I think it's better. So if you saw the whole mountain that you're supposed to climb, we automatically get tired looking at it. But if it's only one step. Ok I can do that. Then you do. Just keep going. One more step. Just one more. Then before you know it, you're at the top!

So then as I'm thinking of the big work we have to do in Vlorë, I just thought ok wait. All we have to do is work. Just get there and work. Easy enough. I know how to do that. All is well :) I'm super excited! Here we go!!


Motra Hegërd







No comments:

Post a Comment