Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Motra Godfrey's blog Nov. 6, 2018

I tried to steal Motra Haggard's weekly email so I wouldn't have to write one..but she didn't want to write one either so it was 2 sentences and I thought if I sent that Mom would send me a hate letter. So here I am..This week was so good! For reals, we had so much fun. There isn't much of anything new..but Gerta is still making my life happy. She is doing so great and will be ready for baptism in 2 weeks. If you ever doubt miracles, remember Gerta. She means everything to Moq Haggard and I. We had a Halloween party with our ward Monday night and it was classic. I wish you could all see Albanian parties. Motra Haggard made like...a lot of caramel for caramel apples..but the Albanians were confused because they don't have that type of thing here and so this bowl of caramel just sat out untouched for an hour. Then, one of the Relief Society members came up to me and said:
"What is that?" *points at caramel "It's Caramel" "Who made it?" "Motra Haggard..it's for apples." "Look at it. No one wants it. It is just sitting there and it looks sad. Take it away." 
So...we had to take the caramel away. Motra Haggard still feels salty about it. 
Our friends Anamaria and her mom came to church yesterday and it was the best surprise ever! When I first met Anamaria, I bonded with her by discussing One Direction and she bought me a One Direction notebook. It was a beautiful thing. I love her and I am so excited for her to continue to progress. Besides that, not much is new. 

In the words of Motra Haggard: "(Spmetimes) life is like when you are holding your laundry and a sock falls and you go to pick it up and 2 more fall and eventually everything's on the floor. But it's ok because I love the smell of laundry and I'd probably just sleep in it. So basically when life goes wrong, smell the socks."
Life can be hard but we can always have hope for a better tomorrow..with faith in Christ, we are promised an eternity of happy days. I love the Lord..and I am so grateful for Him each day. 
I love Albania and those I am privileged to serve. Have a good week!
Love you!

1. Motra Haggard doesn't like chunky yogurt..so we have to strain it so it has no fruit lumps in it.
2. If you can guess how many bugs we had to kill at church I will send you the video of it in action.
3. I don't know why it is blue..but this is Lejda..she is my homie.
4. A blasphemous picture we found while tracting.
5. Relief Society Activity







No comments:

Post a Comment