Monday, June 26, 2017

Will ye also go away? June 12, 2017

A new missionary scripture:
John 6:66-68
66 ¶ From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.
67 Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away?
68 Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.
First of all-this hurts me. How sad is this? and like as a missionary we get to feel a little tiny bit of how it feels when people walk away. People walked away from Jesus. I imagine hurt honestly in Jesus's eyes as He asks this to His closest friends/followers-Are you going to leave me too? (listen to the Mortal Christ by Elder Holland because he describes this moment perfectly). And then Peter answers-to whom shall we go? 
Think about the double meaning. 1. we aren't going anywhere because no one else can save us. but of course the double 2. ok so I'm trying to work as hard as I can as a missionary here and I really am trying but Lord, to whom shall we go?
So I think I'm going to write this on the back of my nametag so it's always the question/response. I'm here, I'm never going to leave, please guide me.
LOVE my FAM so much. love you love you. have a good week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment