Monday, June 26, 2017

Transferred to Tirana June 5, 2017

TRANSFERS!!
I am being transferred to Tirana! The big city. Just in time for the heat :) My companion is Motra Olsen. I'm super excited. I love Tirana. And there's soooo many people. And although I love this little branch in Gjakova, it will be nice in a normal ward again.

Ok so lovely weather here. One day I got totally sunburnt and then later that day-soaking wet in the rain. And we were walking about an hour to a lesson we had. Looked like wet rats probably, and this guy working a shop says wait just a second and then gave us a free umbrella! 

We tried to make these cookie things called Korabie for one of our investigators and we went over to give them some. And we left with pita (food)...literally these people cannot lose at giving things. We try and we get beat. 

Nani-Nani. "dead hours" are in the middle of the day when everyone is napping because it's hot outside. So instead of coming home at 9 each night, we come at 10 and have an hour in the day for a Nani-Nani to make up that sleep. Summer's coming. Humidity is kinda fun :)

Things I learned from Gjakova:

So thankful for this tripanionship that we have :) They pushed me. We pushed each other. Always a question of what can we do to work better, to be more obedient, to try to be more like Christ. There is always something that we can do to improve. And I love them. We not only grew a whole lot but we had fun at the same time. 

I learned to have fun on my mission. When I first got here it was the hardest week. It was hard. But then we worked hard. Then we started working for the people, not just because we have to. Then we started loving the work. I realized how to be a missionary (kind of. like not saying I know what I'm doing completely now, just that I understand it more now). An elder in the last mission conference commented that--you will know that you are doing what you should be doing as a missionary when you are happy. If you are not happy, you are doing it wrong.
Also applicable for life. If you are not happy. You are doing it wrong. Don't waste your time with things that won't make you happy.
 "O be wise. What can I say more?" Jacob 6:12 (my cousin just chose this scripture from the Book of Mormon that serves as kind of a motto for his mission). How sweet and simple. BE wise. BE happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment