Wednesday, January 25, 2017

It Snowed Again! Jan. 16, 2017

It snowed again! And yes it is still fun even though it means that the water will stay frozen...so we lived out of bottled water, yes those showers with a bucket that we warmed up on the stove...it was a fun, cold, cold experience. On Friday, I swear I have never loved the sound of the flush of the toilet so much-the water's back. MIRACLE. I love water.

So in the center of Durres, meaning a big open space full of people...it had just snowed...and I decided to step on the metal part of the ground. It was fun and slippery...until I fell...literally I got up and all the nënas in the center had their hands up covering their mouths haha I motioned that I was fine...just a little wet...GRACE

For Christmas I bought myself a lovely albanian style sweatshirt. It's so soft and so classic albanian XD. So sometimes you'll be walking and see someone wearing a shirt that has English on it, you'll read it over and over, and nope it doesn't make sense. So when I saw the teddy bear sweatshirt- waitny for you waitiny, couldn't resist. Thanks mom and dad haha :) BEAUTY

Motra Risk said that this week was full of Miss Congeniality moments- what's that quote from it? Beauty and Grace, she's Miss United States? yup I agree.

You know we are really lucky here. When we get rejected sometimes we also get a candy. Literally these people are soooo <3 can't even describe. I have so many goals of how I can be an Albanian nëna when I come home. "No we are not interested but hold on a second and let me get a caramel for you."

I think one thing I have gotten better at is not getting flustered when people want to tell us that we are wrong. It's not like we have to come up with a "right answer" or we lose. Like hey this is what I have done, I have prayed about it, and I got my answer. If you know for yourself it doesn't matter what people say because I'm not rooted in things (if that makes sense), I'm rooted in what I have felt-for myself. It's not my job to convince people because I can't. The Spirit can. If we have an open heart we can feel the Spirit, we can feel the truth. That's a thing that doesn't really make sense, but then it does. Nobody can tell you what you feel. It is something totally individual. Like everything else in this gospel. One by one. One on one, Heavenly Father talks to us. Feel that. ah love it <3 

Motra Hegërd

No comments:

Post a Comment