Monday, January 30, 2017

IKA [I left]

...I am leaving...the country...to GJAKOVA in KOSOVE. Just when it started warming up...just when I thought that I could understand people pretty well...
Basically there are two dialects: tosk and gheg. The people in Kosovë speak gheg and people in Albania can't even understand them...oh good that's good...so Elder Xhonej gave me gheg notes and basically all the crucial words are now different words entirely woo. haha hey ya know starting over is good. Also starting winter over. Except they actually have winter up there. All the funny tidbits aside, I am excited to serve in Kosovë with Motren Grigg. 

It was weird saying goodbye to people all weekend. Everyone knows that you get to love the people you serve, but it is really a fantastic blessing. I find myself contacting people in the street and sincerely being able to talk to them like they are a good friend and to sincerely care for what happens to them. Please, please listen and let yourself find this happiness. Let your heart accept this message. Let it accept Christ into your life.

There was this one older man the other day who basically said that he doesn't believe in anything he can't see. He was all alone, his wife had died a couple years earlier. He was such a cute little grandpa and I couldn't help get a little emotional when I told him that families are for eternity. We were never meant to be alone. We aren't now. Even if we have no one on Earth, we have people in Heaven looking down on us. No we cannot see those that have died. No we can't see up into Heaven. But they are there. If we could see how many angels are surrounding us we would be amazed. I believe in angels. I believe in God. I believe in Jesus Christ. I have never seen them. That's faith. Ya it's crazy to just believe. That's why we have an invitation. We invite people to know for themselves, to just ask God by praying. It's really a simple thing. That's why I am here. This is the message. Kaq. 

Motra Hegërd







Family Koçillari with me and Cox
Blerina
Anxhela and Rei bebe rei

No comments:

Post a Comment