Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Illegals Jan 2, 2017

So we had to go get our allowance [permit] to stay in the country. We went on Wednesday and we looked for 4 hours for this place that we have to go to. We finally found it and oh it just closed 10 minutes ago? oh great alright we will come back tomorrow. So we go back and Elder Cox starts doing the paperwork and now apparently he's missing documents (apparently missionaries keep going back and they keep being told that they are missing more documents still...) anyway great so we'll just come back then...but then the guy asks how long Elder Schneider and I have been in country without legal papers and he says that at 3 months we either have to pay a lot of money or get out of the country. It was 3 months on the dot...Literally everyone is thinking of how fast we can get to the border to get us out...holy cow I was freaking out. Then the guy after chewing us out realizes that we were American (I guess he figured we were all British because Cox is) and he's like oh stay stay you're Americans? hide. rri [stay]. haha and I'm proud to be an American cuz at least I know I...won't have to drive up to Kosovo today. whew. dodged a bullet. 

VIT Të MBARë! [Prosperous New Year]
New year's was soooo amazing ahhh it was the best firework show I have ever seen AND it was in the comfort of our apartment. Our neighbors were doing fireworks, people's balconies looked like they were on fire, fireworks were coming from all directions-beautiful. And because we had to be inside since 4 we got to watch movies! 

Starting off this year our mission has a goal of reading the whole Book of Mormon cover to cover in January. I'm trying to think of other goals that I should do. Usually our family do goals for each theme like spiritual goals, physical, social etc. It has always been hard for me to think of goals but we have had a couple of lessons for the start of the new year with members and how a new year is a new refocus on enduring to the end. We can't just endure. We actually have to change. 

Motra Hagërd/Hegërd (mom-idk having a midlife how my name is pronounced here crisis)

No comments:

Post a Comment