Thursday, March 16, 2017

Best Lesson Ever Mar. 13, 2017

The best lesson I have experienced on my mission: So we are talking about how this boy Joseph Smith had a question and that he was reading in the bible to figure out which church was true--and then her husband asked us if we wanted more juice so we got a little distracted--and Ajkuna was like "wait keep explaining, what happens?"...she was like wide eyed listening so intently so we continued to share Joseph's experience. Then she comments "wow you young girls look like angels to me idk why" And then we start talking about the book of mormon and how this is the way we can find out what is true, if we read it. Ok and this is what she says "Ok I'm going to promise you right now, it may be a couple days, a week, or a month Idk but I promise you that I have to read this book from beginning to finish." and she probably said that 3 more times...This was the first lesson where I didn't feel like I was trying to keep someone interested, to convince them why they need to read this book. She seriously wanted to know. I'm so excited to go back to see what she has read. 
Ok and here's another cool part, how we found this couple: 3 weeks ago on Sunday we were coming home from lunch at the Copeland's house in the car with the elders and we were going to go tracting and elders asked where they should drop us off, and I said you pick, and we'll go there. So then they drove us out to like fshatë area way out of the city and we had 40 min to go tracting. We were walking down the little road and there was a guy on his bike coming our way, and we were like ok goal-get this guy to stop his bike. Wow he did and we got his number. And 3 weeks later we go to his home and have this lesson with him and his wife. bukur fortë

TRANSFERS
Staying in Gjakova but 3 times a charm...3rd time being in a 3-o so Motra Saldanja and Motra Xhonz are coming up to Gjakova with me.

Motra Hegërd


Mission Conference

No comments:

Post a Comment