Monday, November 21, 2016

Noah and the Arc Nov 21, 2016

So the storm came and covered the Earth with the floods, but at the end God sent a rainbow. I think this is the theme of this week. It seems like every day where everything falls through and we feel completely kotë [pointless], we always seem to find a rainbow at the end of the day. And at the end of the day. I literally mean that. Could it have come earlier? Ya but then it wouldn't be that big of a present I guess.

We have spent a lot of hours trying to find less active members. So I think I've said stuff about addresses here before...like some say "near the stadium"...the stadium is surrounded by a good 40 apartment buildings. So yes changing our focus to finding less actives means that we probably don't need to run as hard during exercise because 5 hours a day of walking all around Durres because asking Shqiptarë's which have absolutely no idea but tell us where to go anyway turns it into a whole journey. 

So last Monday night nobody could meet with us so we could only try to find people at night when Albanians are like why are you outside so late...We finally got a hold of one of our investigators and she said she could meet at 8 so we went to her store and waited...and waited...and Randomly these two girls come by, we start introducing ourselves, and the older one says wow I am so happy to learn more about Christ. So yes after feeling like we hadn't done anything that day we found those girls. And it gets better because literally in lessons with them she just says "yes we need to read scriptures but not just read, we have to feast upon the scriptures and then act on them"...um...të lumtë të goja [mom comment: I don't know this translation?? Bravo mouth?]  Wow let me read you the scripture you just basically quoted. 2 Ne 32:3. They have the most umpf I've seen in any investigator (and probably a lot of our members) when she reads and when she prays.
 
Ok I wish you could meet some of the sweet old ladies here <3 oh ok so Motra Gj is a cute little lady in our ward, and after church she just came up to me and told me that she was ready to come to a lesson with us. Like wow usually we take the young ones with us to lessons, but it was so cool that she just came straight to me-ready to help. So when we had a lesson with some less active members, we called her to come with us-ended up being perfect because they were friends. After our lesson as we were walking with Motra Gj she's like "you won't believe what happened this morning-so I was walking out the door humming Në mëngjes kur dhomën ti le, lutjen a e the? ['Ere you left your room this morning, did you think to pray?] and I dropped my bag and hurried to say my prayer because I had forgotten. Oh brother she's just the cutest sweetest little nëna.
 
Gave my first talk on Sunday and had a full hour and a half to write it. S'ka gjë [no matter], the Spirit covered for me I hope :) At least everyone was attentive-that's what happens when you have a theks Amerikan [American accent]. But one cool thing for the language this week-One of our senior missionary couples came to Durres and we were at the church doing a lesson with some of the young women. The Elder asked me to introduce them because he doesn't speak Albanian. So I told him their names and that they were sisters, and one cousin, two were members, one was not...only then did I realize that the whole time I had been speaking in Albanian haha oops so much of a help I am.

Look for the rainbows :) but don't forget to play in the rain. Yes the rain-bow is the bow on the box but the rain is the gift-am I right?
Motra Hagërd




Oh I forgot this cute little sms we got from a lady after we sent out our investigator nightly scripture text and yes it was in english exactly like this: 

what a lovely moment hearing your sounds of your fingers writing me such a moment, such words! happy dreams!

aw how nice...haha

No comments:

Post a Comment