Wednesday, November 2, 2016

But Here We Are 10/24/2016

We had sisters conference so all the sisters in the whole mission some how fit in one room (well actually we only have like 20 sisters...) yes in the whole mission, which is actually really cool because the whole mission is really close because we know everyone. And I got to see my old companions and district :) 

So lately I have been wondering how to be a good missionary because sometimes it's really hard to feel like I am doing my best. I have been trying to figure out what I need to do to become the missionary I'm supposed to be. We got to hear the "dying" = leaving the mission soon, testimonies of the sisters and it really made me think hmm so someday I'm going to be there but how do I get there with no regrets. I also read this really good talk called the Riccardi letter about an amazing trainer. It basically was just telling me to stop having fear. I don't want to offend people and sometimes I'm also scared because I don't want to start a conversation that I won't be able to understand what they are saying, but we went on an exchange in Tirana (in Tirana there are a lot of crowded buses that we take) so I decided to stop having this fear so I decided if I put the faith in to talk to people that Heavenly Father will back me up so I will be able to understand them. So when three fringo fare's were together in Tirana none of us could hide behind our trainers who know a lot more than us. Well let me tell you, these people are the cutest, and obviously they know we are american but I totally was able to talk with cute old ladies on the bus and one asked if I don't like to sit down (because I was standing) and I just said no we stand so that you can sit down. Then she's like oh you cute little girl haha and then another lady took my bag so I didn't have to carry it because I guess I was carrying a lot. Anyway they just have a lot of love and they are so open. 
So whenever I think I can't, I already know I have to do it, I have to open my mouth because I have to prove to God that I have faith that He has me in His hands. 
One thing from the Riccardi letter was after they had been knocking on doors for hours. The trainer stays happy because he said that:
"God knows exactly where the people are who will want to hear this message. If He wanted He could just take us to those houses, but instead God sent us to this neighborhood where He knew everyone would shut the doors on us, and He expected us to leave 20 houses ago, but here we are."
This is how I want to be.
One of the stray dogs followed us for a solid 20 minutes one day so we made a little friend. Then he decided to stop because yes we were walking for too long and he had the sense to stop following missionaries because yes yes walking we love walking. We walked to a fshat (a little village out of Durrës) Turned out that less active family (who lived up a muddy hill in that far away fshat) did not want to hear us at all. That's okay at least we made a contact, and if all we could do was testify that we do believe in Jesus Christ, then it's ok because we at least let them know that some people in the ward miss them. 
Oh and remember the 3 girls we met and were basically golden? Ya well weird that for some reason we haven't been able to meet with them...and when we went to their house and knocked we heard the locks (assuming they were unlocking...) nope they locked the doors...hmm ok. We were so confused because they had seemed so sincere and interested...BUT we got a text from one that said we could meet! The cheese is still in the fridge! We said that by the time the food they gave us was gone we would find them. 
And today starts the no english. I am only speaking Albanian even if everybody else will speak english. There's an elder in the mission that everyone talks about because he speaks so well that he can be mistaken as an Albanian. But here's a shocker- he actually never speaks english. If I want to be able to flas ujë I need to actually put in the work.
Today we went to the Coliseum. pictures yes coming. [mom: nice translation from shqip Becca!]
oh and fringo literally translates to straight out of the factory. and when my companions say that they are from utah members are like ohh the factory haha
Motra Hagërd




so most were from the coliseum thing but the one field pic with all 3 of us is the fshat
the two elders dressed normal are the elders who serve in lushnja elder bowen and elder klayton. then we have elder schneider and elder xhonej in white shirts and ties

[mom comment: I must be missing some photos here.  I'll hopefully get them next week and put them in.]

motra ellajeson
motra uilli                                             motra grigg    motra miles    (she's an albanian awaiting her visa)
motra haggard-motra dikorsi-motra risk | motra bland
                                         motra suko

hope that's clean so you can understand but basically motra uilli is my mom and motra ellajeson is my grandma. and motra suckow is my niece haha



[wheelchairs arriving in Albania]


[Elders Draper and Harris crouching]

No comments:

Post a Comment