Sunday, September 11, 2016

420 Pushups. Aug 22, 2016

420 PUSHUPS
 Wed: 110 Thurs: 100 Fri: 100 Sat: 90 Sun: 20
So now that we are elders and sisters we are supposed to use those official titles and not refer to a group as "guys". So I started this thing that when I say the g-word "guys" I have to do 10 push-ups. Apparently I said it a lot more than I thought I did because well you can see how sore my arms are...BUT! wow look at the improvement on Sunday! AND we even taught relief society and I didn't say it once. I think I'll still do at least 50 a day though since I would love to get stronger. We also practice doing handstands at night with the push-ups.
One of the elders going to the Belgium/Netherlands mission can chug a whole glass of chocolate milk in 4 seconds. Life goal right? So I'll come back being able to do all sorts of important things.
On Wednesday we got the opportunity to host the new missionaries coming in. It was weird how hard it was to see the families say goodbye :( Like this one elder saying goodbye and his little 7 year old brother starts crying. Oh it broke my heart. But they don't even know how good this is going to be. I'm seriously so excited to go to Albania. Today the Dutch leave so we will be the oldest in the zone. That means we are the next ones to leave, Lopë e Shenjtë.
So in the MTC we teach "investigators" to prepare to teach the people in the Adriatic South, so we have been doing that from the beginning, but this week we got to do our first TRC (I have no idea what it stands for, but it is where we teach equivalent to a home teaching lesson to return missionaries from AdrS mission). I loved it. It felt like I could totally be myself which we realized we lack in investigator lessons. Maybe I'm just excited for the real people, to teach real lessons.
Incredibly not prepared of course-but everyday getting better at this language. Singing hymns in English we can somehow remember the words in Albanian and sing it, it's amazing. 
We also got to see the Nashville Tribute band, and as usual through music is where I can feel the Spirit so strong. Telling the story of the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ through Joseph Smith through the beautiful songs was just perfect. Look them up!

No comments:

Post a Comment