Monday, August 15, 2016

Continued. Aug 15, 2016

Finally I can go into lessons with no notes. I'm just relying on what I know and dhuraten e gjuhe.  [gift of tongues]  Also trying to learn all these crazy noun conjugations. Oh weird note for all of you that have Librin e Mormonit (that's correct, mom, grammatically cuz it's accusative not nominative like it is on the name of the Book of Mormon in Albanian. 

Ok cutest thing Motra Bland (in my room and district).. her mom sent all of us motrat letters :') it was so stinking adorable. 

Also from nëna Bland: [Mom Bland]  Picture the puzzle of your life...dark blue ocean with dark green grass and light skies with clouds-your perfect heaven with all sorts of colors. Everything you go through in life will paint this perfect heaven so when you have dark times it is just painting the darker colors in the picture but you need all of those different colors to make your heaven perfect. What a sweet way to put it.

For class we were combined with the other Albanian district and Motra Kokol was teaching. She wanted someone to be the missionary for her (roleplay we do it a lot) and after like 3 minutes of silence...she gives me this glare  and I'm like C,farë?!   [What?!]  Fine, I guess I'll do it in front of both of the districts...Wow I was so shaky and scared to do it but like it was flowing out and I just taught her about how Christ knows everything we feel and every struggle (her role was a person who has had a very hard life) and wow it was so cool to feel the power of that simple message as I tried to say it as best as I could in Albanian. I think it is definitely getting better and I'm so grateful. The Hungarians leave today for Hungary...I told them to look for Lee Elder! They are some of my favorite people so it's sad to see them go, but I'm so excited for them and to get our new huns on wednesday and we get to host them! 

Now here's some shqinglish phrases that our lovely distrikt always says...oh dear...
Wow thats the "shumëst po" I've seen all day (seriously Albanians use shumë (much) for everything and somehow we just added it to po (yes) and now it's a thing...
"Top fare" literally translation- ball total or of course baller
"C,farë-ever" whatever

But for real Albanian things that they actually say ...
"yll fare" total star (apparently a hip teenager saying haha)
And they suck in their breath to say po
They also have cool signs for bukur (beautiful-which they use a lot: an ok sign dragged horizontally) and tamam (exactly: an ok sign dragged vertically) so for stuff that they really like they do both to mean exactly beautiful
The Dutchies are jealous of all our cool hands and noises. haha ya it's pretty cool learning all the neat cultural stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment