Thursday, December 29, 2016

Durres for Christmas Dec. 12, 2016

Transfers! I get to stay in Durres for Christmas!! Oh I'm so glad because we have heard of all the celebrations that happens in Durres. So Motra Dikorsi is going to Tirana and my new companion is...Motra Risk! I've heard she likes to bake so I mean it'll be perfect.

Light the World initiative: I'm sure for one of the days it says to give a pen to someone in need...
So I let a lady borrow my pen, and she just took it and walked away. An hour later we saw her with it...inside a water bottle along with another pen...ah interesting...

We had a lesson with a cute old lady-FB. After the prayer she starts crying and then apologizes and says she doesn't know why she is crying. Then one of her friends comes over and joins. Then later another one comes over. So what was a lesson with one turned into a whole party of nena's. Normally this would be impossible to do a lesson (Albanians talk a lot. nena's talk more) but they were all interested and listening. One-FM-took the Book of Mormon and immediately started reading it and marking pages to read later. And this morning FB called us-Called us. What? When are we meeting?? Oh man yes of course we can meet. I love it! 

So last week we street contacted into a man-F- who said he does not believe in God but he was interested in watching the film about Christ. So we had a lesson with him. For a little background, he is a college philosophy teacher, so he has very strong opinions. At the very beginning when we were explaining why we are here, to help people come unto Christ because we all have a need for Him. He immediately said "so you think that I have the need of Christ in my life?". I responded boldly "in fact, yes you do. We all do". I think I found that throughout the lesson the difference between responding with bold aggressiveness and lovingly bold. It was a really cool lesson. I never got mad. We just listened and then testified. We could tell that he could feel something because he would stop and listen and you could just tell. How cool is it that someone who has never had that in his life could start feeling it now?? We asked him to read a scripture and he said no because he's afraid that then he will become a member. Ha you know you can only hope to be so lucky. :)

Yes we all have the need for Jesus Christ in our lives. How lucky our we that He will always be there for us.

Motra Hagërd




Center of Durres



Fisher of fish
a statue at Vollga









No comments:

Post a Comment